Editor Log In
Wilber Township Hall

Wilber Township Hall

Wilber Cemetery

Wilber Cemetery

Home > Community > History

Wilber Township History

The township was organized in the spring of 1878 by taking one township from AuSable township and one from Plainfield township, and was named for Marvin Wilber, one of the early settlers.

In its early years, Wilber Township had its own post office, and at one time, three schools, the last of which was closed in the early 1940s. The former Wilber School is now the Township Hall.

This page last updated on 10/30/2013.

Wilber Township                                      
3120 Sherman Road               
East Tawas, MI  48730           

wilbertownship@hughes.net

Phone (989) 362-5410

Fax (989) 362-5758